Friday, March 13, 2009

My Dream

Have you ever had a dream that was so vivid you thought it was real? I had one of those dreams last night. I had a dream that my boyfriend and I planned a cruise together. It was a two day, one night cruise, so we didn't have a lot of time on the boat. Nonetheless, I was stoaked. On the first night of our cruise, we were going to go to a fancy dinner, which involved dressing up.

Of course, I called my friends to help choose the dress. Abby and Kari to the rescue. On the day of the cruise, Kari, Abby and I headed to the mall. We shopped for hours for the perfect dress, but I couldn't find anything. Nothing fit right, or it looked terrible, or it was too expensive. Hour after hour passed, and before I knew it, it was almost time to load onto the boat. And I still hadn't packed yet! I was getting frantic.

I finally found a dress that would be OK. I was disappointed in my selection, but it just had to do. I ran home to pack. I shoved everything I needed into my bag, and now I was finally ready for the cruise. I was so excited, I could barely wait for my boyfriend to pick me up.

My cell phone rang, and it was my boyfriend. I assumed he was calling to tell me he was at my house but instead he was calling to tell me some bad news. After answering, he proceeded to tell me he had a bad headache and decided he wasn't going to go on the cruise. He told me to go without him, and if he felt better in the morning, he would join me for the final day.

I was furious! I was livid. I have never been so angry in my life. How could my boyfriend cancel our cruise for a stupid headache??? How dare he! Then I had a decision to make. Was I going to cancel the cruise altogether or was I going to go without my boyfriend? I decided to go without him, and I figured I would have fun without him. It was his loss, and besides, I had already paid for it.

And then I woke up. The dream was so real, I was angry when I awoke. But even funnier than that, I woke up thinking to myself, "Duh! I have a brand new dress in my closet that would be perfect for the cruise." Then I remembered it was just a dream; I shouldn't be angry because it hadn't really happened, and why was I thinking about a dress to wear when I didn't have an occasion to wear it?

I laid in bed this morning trying to calm down. It was the most vivid dream I've ever had, and it really worked at my emotions. Phew, thank goodness it wasn't real.

2 comments:

Brian and Becca Kuster said...

Are we officially calling him a "boyfriend" now?

Rob said...

Wow..."boyfriend"...that's huge! :-)

...and where is that Joseph guy with the colorful coat when you have a dream like that?