Thursday, September 10, 2009

M&M's

As I've mentioned, I've decorated my room with M&M's. I have M&M pencils, M&M pens, M&M magnets, etc. It's all decked out and the coolest room in D Hall by far.

Last week, I arrived in my room bright and early to find a surprise. Someone (who has access to my room) had drawn this red M&M on my board. It's the size of a giant watermelon. I was so excited and it totally made my day. I was feeling a little bold, so I took my blue magnet and circled it with a blue marker. The next day, I found the blue one drawn on my board. I was on a mission by now, so I went on a search for a green marker. Once found, I circled the green magnet with green marker and put a :) by it. The next morning I found the green M&M on my board. Next I went on a search for a yellow marker. Once found, I circled the yellow M&M magnet and put a "thanks" by it. The next morning I found the yellow M&M on my board. I haven't been able to find an orange marker, so my M&M drawings aren't quite complete, but here's a picture of what all four of them look like.

Yesterday, my students and I made a thank you card with a cup full of...you guessed it, M&M's, for the unknown artist. I'm thinking it must be a janitor, but I have no idea who has been creating these amazing drawings.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Very cute. Looks like a good teaching moment - how to write a thank-you card!

Rich said...

I was wondering where a teaching moment would come from in all this talk about m&m's.

Brian and Becca Kuster said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Shiloh!!! Hope you are spoiled all day long... and that this new year is the best yet! May it be filled with love, laughter and lots of God's blessings! Love, Becca