Beau and I have been spending some time together recently. Things are going well, and we're in the process of getting to know each other. We know pretty much all the important things, such as: work, school, schedules, likes, dislikes, living location, parents, siblings, favorite sports teams, etc. I feel like we have a pretty good handle on each other.
Except for one thing. I've been keeping a secret from Beau. It's not that I am purposefully hiding it from him, but it just hasn't come up in conversation. He's never asked me, "So, do you have any roommates?" I would be perfectly honest if he asked that question, but he never has, so it's never come up that I live in the basement of my sister and bro-in-law's house (with a two year old kid).
Last week, I was watching Case one afternoon after school while Shan and Jeff had a meeting. I was feeding Case dinner when Beau called. I chatted with Beau for a while; he asked what I was doing and I told him I was watching my nephew. Case wanted to say hi, so I held the phone to Case's mouth and Case said, "Hi Beau. How are you?" Beau thought it was so cute, and said, "Oh my goodness, he's so adorable!" Since I was feeding Case, Beau could tell I was busy. He said he would let me get off the phone.
We proceeded to say our goodbye's, and then Beau said, "Give me a call once you leave your sister's house to go home."
I replied back with the only thing that came to mind: "OK, I'll call you when I head home."
Shoot, how am I going to explain this one?
1 comment:
Don't worry about it. I will just forward him a link to your blog, which will explain everything.
Post a Comment