Sunday, March 14, 2010

Update on the Update

In order to entertain you on my blog, I went out with Mr. Engineer last night. It wasn't just him and me, though. Britt and Mr. Teacher were also with us, so we all had a good time together. We started out at Sing Sings. Britt and I paid the cover to get in ($7 each), bought a drink, and right about the time we had the drink in our hand, Mr. Teacher and Mr. Engineer were ready to leave. Go figure!

We quickly drank our drink and left with them. We ended up at The Sports Column. Britt and I had never had green beer, so we had to document the special occasion. Your first look at Mr. Teacher


In the mean time, Mr. Teacher and Britt were enjoying their time together. Mr. Engineer asked me to step aside with him so he could talk to me. He goes: "I first want to tell you that you're smokin' hot. You are bad-ass. I understand that we're just the aftermath of Britt and Teacher being together, but I can tell that there's something between us. I feel it, and I'm interested to know how you feel about me."

Deer in the headlights by yours truly.

STUTTER

SILENCE

SHORT BREATHING

I quickly change the subject so I don't have to answer his question.

The four of us sat down, and before I knew it, Mr. Engineer had his hand on my knee.

OK

WHAT DO I DO?

Soon, my hand is in his hand. I excuse myself to go to the bathroom.

When I get back, Mr. Engineer asks me to follow him. I ask him what he wants, and he says he wants me to follow him so we can talk privately. I follow him, and as we sit down at an empty booth, he goes in for the kiss. I turned my head so his lips landed on my cheek.

He goes: "Well, I can tell you're not interested in kissing me. What's going on?"

I had no option but to tell the truth.

Here it goes. Notice the words in bold are NOT words guys want to hear come out of a girl's mouth: "Mr. Engineer, you're a really NICE guy. I enjoy spending time with you and Mr. Teacher. But I do not feel anything toward you other than FRIENDS. There are many reasons for this, and I want to continue spending time with you guys, but I need you to understand that I do NOT have feelings toward you and I am NOT INTERESTED in dating you."

THERE

IT'S OUT THERE!

I went on to explain a few of those reasons, and as I ended, he goes: "Wow. I respect you so much right now. I didn't know it was possible, but I like you even more than before." And in he went for ANOTHER kiss.

You gotta give this guy credit. He sure is persistent.

Hand on my knee again.

As the night ended, the guys needed a ride back home, so we all walked to the light rail together. Mr. Engineer went in for another kiss, to which he got my cheek. "This is awkward," he kept saying. I replied: "Then stop trying to kiss me!" Apart from the attempted kisses, we also snuck in a few pictures.

Your first look at Mr. Engineer


At the guys' house, we played Wii until 3:45 a.m. (silly time change). I stuck my ground with Mr. Engineer by reminding him every time he tried to kiss me that I wasn't interested. He stuck his ground by continuing to make a move. It was all in good humor, as Mr. Engineer is a really good guy. Britt and Mr. Teacher sat off the side and snickered as they watched us.


As we were leaving, Mr. Engineer said, "I'm going to call you and ask you out this week. I just wanted to warn you about that." I laughed.


Points for persistence!

1 comment:

Holly said...

That is hilarious!