It's about time I finally wrote about the MS Ride from this past summer. It fits perfectly with today's photo topic. Who ever thought I'd pick up bike riding, but it started off as a mission to raise money for a good cause. It ended up being something I LOVE doing while raising money for a good cause and showing my support to the MS Society.
I would love if you clicked here to read my initial story from three years ago when Kari and I first decided to do the 150 mile ride. It's a moving story of my dad and his diagnosis with MS almost six years ago. Then, click here for our second year story. Initially, Kari and I were a team of two. Then we were a team of six. This past year, we were a team of 8, and we keep on growing!
Kari has pushed me to ride further and faster than I ever thought possible, and together we share the same pain of watching a family member suffer with MS. Thanks, Kari, for making me ride that first year. I've fallen in love with biking, but more importantly, we are making a difference in the world of MS.
I was so happy two years ago when my brother, Collin, decided to join the team. He couldn't sit and watch his older sister kick his butt, so he trained for a few miles and then literally kicked my butt during the ride. This past year, he actually rode with me for about 15 miles of the 150 miles. He let me ride his tail wind, which helped me through a hard section of the course.
And this is why we ride: for my dad.

Pops, I love you and am so proud to do this for you. I think of you when the miles are hard to conquer because I know you struggle every day.
On top of Lookout Mountain near Fort Collins. This is the hardest climb of day one (right at mile 65-75 as we end our first day). It's the first thing we climb on day two, and it's a 10 mile doozy but the scenery at the top is so worth the climb.
This is at the end of day one. A storm is a'comin', so we made it through the finish line just in time. We literally had to run to get our bikes stored and find a dry place as we sat out the storm.
Rebecca, Amy, Sonya, Me, and Kari.
We have so many fun memories (and some not so fun memories) that we'll carry with us for a lifetime.
2 comments:
Whoo-hoo!!!
WOW! So proud of you!!!
Post a Comment