This week and next is CSAP testing. It's a lovely test designed by the State of Colorado (Colorado State Assessment Program) that costs millions and millions of dollars to administer each year. While education budgets are being rapidly reduced and cut, they still make sure to spend mega dollars on this test.
And what does it do for the student? Nothing.
What does it do for the teacher? Well, potentially my job will depend on this test.
So what does it mean when it means nothing to the students but everything for my job? I think you can figure out that answer on your own.
We teachers don't get the results of this test until next year. Next year, I won't have these same students. Next year, the results don't really mean anything to me. Next year, I will give this same test to a new group of kids who don't care about this test. They will spend 10 minutes on a 60 minute test writing "F*%! CSAP" in their books rather than a well developed essay.
And since we're not allowed to speak to the students during the test, there's nothing I can do about their F*%! CSAP. I can't look in their book. I can't open their book. I can't erase their book. I can't even scold them for their poor effort.
You want to know what I think about CSAP?
F*%! CSAP!!!
2 comments:
I agree! F*%! CSAP!!!
I love this post! I hate standardized tests!!!
Post a Comment