Friday, March 25, 2011

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The Good:
*April and McGee are headed to my apartment as I type to spend the weekend with me!
*Josh will be here this afternoon to meet the friends and hang with us for the weekend.
*I am officially on spring break a day early! I took today off because: A) I've had the flu this week and needed a day to rest, B) April and McGee will be here around lunch time, and C) my apartment needs a little TLC before company can arrive.
*After the girls leave on Sunday, I'm going to spend a few days in Greeley with Josh.
*Then, I will spend the rest of my break in Wichita, Kansas, with ABBY! I will get to meet her little boy, Lawrence, and spend some much needed time with my dear friend.
*I spoke with my principal this week, and he said he is 90 percent certain that I will be able to retain my job for another year! I have been built a schedule, and I love it! I will teach sophomores and juniors again, which is what I requested, and I will teach periods 1, 2, 3, 4, off 5, teach 6, off 7. PERFECT! I will also be teaching my high risk kiddos again, which is a tough task but I love the challenge.
*Lacrosse is going well. We lost our first game to Ralston Valley. We tied our second game against Columbine, but we will have another chance to beat them in a few weeks. We won our third game against Ralston Valley! It was sweet revenge.
*Britt and I celebrated 5280 Week by eating at the Melting Pot this week. It was SO. GOOD. I haven't seen Britt in weeks, so it was a perfect two hours of catching up, drinking wine, and eating the best food ever!

The Bad:
*I started last week with Strep Throat. My throat was so swollen, red, pussy, and damaged that it brought tears to my eyes just to swollow.
*I have never called in sick for work, so I worked through the strep throat. I also worked through the flu. It's been a miserable week.

The Ugly:
*I had the flu this week. Believe me, it was ugly. Half of my family got it, too. Collin, Katie, and Case joined me in the horrible sickness.
*My poor bathroom took the brunt of my sickness. April told me not to clean my place for their arrival. I said, "Believe me, you want me to clean the bathroom."
*I haven't eaten in two days because of this said flu, so it could get ugly as I endeavor to put some food down.

2 comments:

Kari Marie said...

Those are some good, bad, and ugly things! Glad you're feeling better. Have fun with the girls this weekend and tell them I said hello!

Desiree Jewell said...

Soooooooooooo glad you are feeling better in time for your Spring Break! Can't wait to see all the fun adventures with your friends/family!