Shannon's birthday is today, and thanks to our dear friend Holly, I've had her cake planned out for months. Holly found this recipe/picture in a magazine and sent it to me to be the creative genius behind the making (since Holly couldn't be here to do it herself). I've been holding on to the idea since April, and I was finally able to make it.
I started by making 75 mini cupcakes. Actually, it made more like 150 cupcakes, so Josh was happy to eat the "bad" ones. I made lemon poppyseed and red velvet cupcakes. I had cupcakes scattered over my entire kitchen.
I started by making 75 mini cupcakes. Actually, it made more like 150 cupcakes, so Josh was happy to eat the "bad" ones. I made lemon poppyseed and red velvet cupcakes. I had cupcakes scattered over my entire kitchen.
It was then time to arrange them on the plate in the shape of a sunflower.
The worst part was frosting them because it was about 95 degrees in my apartment and the frosting was melting. This took a while to perfect.
Almost done!
And this is the finished product! Now Shan and Jeff have 75 mini cupcakes to eat. Enjoy!!! And Happy Birthday, Shan :)
5 comments:
It's awesome! We need to find someone to share them with.
I tried to leave a comment on Shannon's blog and couldn't, so I hope she sees this!!!! I remember when you were born, Shannon!!!! What a day of joy!!!! And you are still a joy!!!! God bless you, dear birthday girl!!!! We love you!!!! the Abbotts PS.you could bring some cupcakes over!!!!
Ps. Perfect cake for our Sunflower Girl!!!!!! Great job, Shiloh!!!!
Impressive! Did you see the sunflower apple dessert on Briana's blog?
Shiloh, you were definitely the one to do this. You hit a home run! Awesome birthday cake! :)
Post a Comment