Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Kind Email

It's not often teachers receive kind words (from either parents or students), but I received an email yesterday that made my day. I wanted to share...

Dear Ms.Nichols,

It has been great seeing you around the school here and there
and I miss having you as a teacher :( .

You are one of the only teachers who really tried to talk to me and get to know me outside of getting grades in class, and I thank you for that. You taught me how to write better papers, organize my thoughts, and yes, taught me that I actually have to read books for school instead of spark noting them. :) I was very blessed to have you my junior year. You truly care about how students do in your class but also about their outside lives, and most teachers don't, as you probably know, so it was amazing to have someone actually care.

I hope everything is going well for you and that the underclassmen are behaving, although
I don't think you would ever have a problem.

Your Friend,
A C

1 comment:

Abby said...

What a HUGE compliment! We need more teachers like you.