Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fourth Annual Ornament Exchange

Shan and I had our FOURTH Annual Ornament Party in early December. This has become one of our favorite holiday traditions, and our friends love it, too. I had people asking me in October and November when we were having our party, and I almost had a friend skip her own birthday dinner so she could attend the event.




I took the day off school the Friday before, and Shan and I spent a few hours in the kitchen making some delicious Christmas snacks.



These are Santa hats we made that we put in a Chocolate Pretzel Chex Mix. Yummo!


We had a great turnout of 17 people (next year we're going to have to rent a place), and everyone brought a wrapped ornament. We ate, drank, and mingled. Then it was time to exchange ornaments, which is always fun. In the end, we all ended up with an adorable ornament to add to the tree. From left to right: Vali, Britt, Karen, Linda, Lauren, Sarah, and Liz. All but Vali and Britt work at Chatfield, but I met Britt at Chatfield and Vali went to Chatfield, so they're ALL from Chatfield in my book.


Liz excited to open her ornament.



Alicia (whom I met at Enterprise), Shan, and Vali (Shannon's good friend).


One of my best friends, Katie, and her son, Gavin.


Kristen, who I also met at Enterprise.


Holly and Lucy (Shan worked with them at Goddard Middle School)

Kari and Sonya, two of my friends from church.


The entire group.

There were several people who couldn't come and we missed very much. Tiffany's birthday was that night, so she had plans with her family. My dear friend Abby now lives in Kansas. Megan is temporarily living in Seattle with her son, Rowan, who is at Children's Hospital fighting for his life. My aunt Lisa wasn't able to make it.



If we keep growing like we are (four years ago, our ornament party had four other people other than Shan and me), we really will need a larger place to host!

No comments: