Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Not Dead Yet

As I was putting on my shoes the other morning, I had a thought that life would be slowing down in the next month. All the winter games at my high school will be over, therefore my game managing will be over. Then I won't be spending three or four times a night at my school. Then I can go home at 3 p.m. after work, hit the gym (which I haven't done in (gasp) over four months), and relax my night away catching up on shows I haven't been able to watch.

As I zipped up my boot, another thought hit me like a ton of bricks: Lacrosse season starts next month.

So no, life won't be slowing down next month. It will only get busier. Practice every night from 3-5. Games several times a week. Team dinners. Team sleepovers. Team bonding nights.

I realized, perhaps for the first time, that life never slows down. It never will. No matter what ends, something always begins. And dating long distance only adds to the busyness of it all. One weekend I'm home, the next I'm packing on Thursday to leave for Greeley right after work on Friday.

Home. Pack. Drive. Arrive. Drive home. Unpack.
Home. Pack. Drive. Arrive. Drive home. Unpack.
Home. Pack. Drive. Arrive. Drive home. Unpack.

But I love it all. I love game managing. I love coaching Lacrosse. I love going to Greeley. I love babysitting my nieces and nephews when I can. I love spending the weekend with my girlfriends. I love birthday parties. I love doing and being and living.

I love.

I dread the day when I have nothing to do. That will mean I'm dead.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

True 'dat. But, I don't envy your busy schedule.

Kari Marie said...

You are definitely a giver! Let's find time for a GNO between your busy seasons!