Monday, April 6, 2009

Fighting the Temptation

You know that saying..."It's like putting an alcoholic in a liquor store"... ???

That is what I have felt like this past week. Like a chocolate addict stuck inside a candy store. It's been terrible. It's been hard. It's been miserable at times. But I am proud to say that I have resisted the temptation, and I have avoided sweets for almost 40 days now.

I do OK when I'm at school because I'm busy and don't have time to think about M&Ms. But last week was Spring Break, so I was inside my house for 11 days with not a whole lot to do. All I could think about was candy, ice cream, chocolate, M&Ms, and ICE CREAM. It took everything in my power to avoid those these, and I'm quite proud of myself.

Tonight, I was making brownies for a friend's birthday. My mouth salivated as the smell hit my nostrils. I told Jeff I was going to cheat and lick out the bowl. He frowned at me and told me, "NO!" I felt like a two year old, so I didn't lick out the bowl. I ran it under hot water and watched the remains twirl down the sink.

Now I am in complete misery as Shan, Jeff, and Case all sit upstairs eating ice cream and MY brownies. I can hear their spoon clink on the bowl while I sit downstairs writing about brownies. Oh joy. Six more days and I can have a brownie. They will probably be either 1) gone or 2) stale and hard.

Liquor never gets stale and hard!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Technically Lent ends on Palm Sunday (the week before "holy week"). 40 days from Ash Wed - Palm Sunday...

Eat chocolate!!!