Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Seriously???

Ok, so out of 365 days in a year, two different counsins in my family each had a baby TODAY. Brody Preston was born to my cousin, Becca. My cousin, Matt, (whom I share a birthday with) also had a little girl today, and they named her Macie Genee (not sure how to say it). Welcome to the family little baby boy and girl! It's a great family.

I was having car problems, so after a quick little trip to Goodyear, and $600 later, my car is back to perfect (or near perfect) health. Ouch! Why does the poor one always get stuck with the large bills?

I have an interview at Chatfield Senior High next Thursday. It's a .8 position, which means I teach 8 classes instead of 10 (for the entire year), and I only get 8/10 of the salary. BUT, it does have benefits, and it sure does beat being a sub next year. I am going against three other people, but I honestly think I have the best chance at the getting the job. I wrote one heck of a cover letter tonight. I'm quite proud. I would hire me.

As of this morning, I had 90 essays to grade. As of right now, I have about 25 left. I had to go to school today but my students did not, so I spent the entire day grading papers. It was a long day, and I'm tired, but I got a lot done. Chick-Fil-A brought us lunch, and the cow even came along (if you 've seen the the commercials, you know what I mean).

I'm going to NE with Shan and Jeff this weekend. I haven't been home since Christmas, so I'm ready to see some of my peeps (and my parents).

I made the most delish banana bread this past weekend. It's a peanut butter banana bread, and oh my goodness, it's so good! If you want the recipe, let me know.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

YUM!!! I would love the recipe!