Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Girlfriends

I have some pretty great girlfriends.

Kari tells it how it is.
Sonya listens.
April says, "Damn them all." She is as passionate about my life as she is her own.
McGee laughs and makes it all better.
Abby comforts and shares advice from her own experiences.
Courtney shares her knowledge of the Bible.
Irish speaks her mind.
Lisa cares and is genuinely interested in my life.
Holly cracks me up.
Jen will always be a friend no matter how little we see each other.
Kelly snorts when she laughs, and that just makes everything better.
Kristina is quiet but always ready to lend a listening ear.
Jessica loves to listen because she says my life is much more interesting than hers.
Katie C teaches me life lessons.
Katie N and Collin stick up for me and want the best for me.
Kristen gets angry for me when I don't have the energy to do so myself.
Marcy is so clever and witty.
Hayli, though so very far away, is always a great listener.
Hannah is an encourager.
Lindsey, my newest friend, is full of energy.
Megan is the kindest, most loving person I know.
Nikki laughs AT me and somehow it's OK.
Shannon and Jeff are understanding and generous.
Tiffany is so very sweet.

They each bring something different to the table, and I love them all dearly for their advice and love. They have been there for me in the good times and stuck around during the bad times. They have prayed for my dad over the past four years as he's struggled with MS. They have prayed for my mom these past several months as she recovers from a major back surgery. They have cried with me when April was going through cancer. They have supported me through my journey of becoming a teacher. They have donated time and money for things that I am very passionate about. They have pushed me to do things I would have never done on my own (MS 150). They have stopped me from doing things I shouldn't be doing in the first place. They have loved my family as if they were their own. They have played with my nephews and niece. They have hated boys for hurting me. They have loved me for me even when I mess up. They have become a portion of me.

We often go through life never knowing what a difference we are making in other's lives, but I wanted to take a moment to say, "Thank you," to my friends. You make a difference in my life every day. Sometimes I may not appreciate it right away, but your words are always in my mind. I cherish you. I appreciate you. I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to your girlfriends. Remember tho - you have the amazing friends that you have because YOU are an awesome person!!

Mrs. Tanguma said...

Reading your blog was a fun reminder of things we get to talk about all the time now. I appreciate your outlook on me, and on all of your friends. We have had a pretty fun couple of years. =D Fun indeed...

By the way, what did we decide on graduation gifts for the boys?

Holly said...

Those better not be listed in order.

Kari said...

Sorry Holly, but they are listed in order.

HA! Just kidding :-)

Shannon said...

Definately not in order.