The Shi-Loh Down
For an explanation of my social experiment, click here.
For a recap of week one, click here.
Week Two
This week was a little bit of a let down, especially compared to last week. I didn't fulfill my goal of meeting five new guys, and I blame that on being my first week of school and being just plain busy and lazy.
**********************************************
Keith: I started my week off strong last Monday by meeting Keith. He's the security officer, scratch that-Police Officer, here at Chatfield. The other police officer is named Rob (what's with that name?), and Rob is married to my friend Jeanne, who worked at Chatfield last school year. She had a baby this summer and decided to sub this year instead of teach full time, so she graciously offered to loan me some of her lesson plans to help me out. She sent them with Rob, since we work in the same building. Rob came to find me, and Keith tagged along. They didn't quite know where to find me, so they started asking everyone they saw if they knew where my classroom was. Let me explain, these Police Officers are real Police Men. They wear a full uniform, complete with handcuffs and a loaded gun. So to see these two guys walk into my room was a big intimidating. I introduced myself to Keith, noticed he did not have a ring on, and made a mental note to get to know him. After they left my room, I had two different teachers come and ask me if I was in trouble. They saw that two Police Officers with guns were looking for me and assumed I had done something wrong. The next day, Keith was in my friend's room helping her fix a broken drawer, so I made an effort to walk down and talk to him. I found out this is his first time working in a school (he's coming from the Court System). We chatted for a few minutes, but then he had to go. My friend nudged me and said, "He's cute. You'll have to get to know him." I agreed. I discovered later in the week that he's married with two kids. Again, what's with not wearing a ring?!?!
Casey: I met Casey this weekend while working at Enterprise. He, also, works for Enterprise at the office down the street, and we've talked on phone but never met face to face until this weekend. He was a let-down. No personality and he wasn't all that pretty to look at. Let's just say we didn't click.
Todd: I don't know if this counts because I've met Todd in the past, but this weekend I took a moment to really talk to him. Todd works for one of the body shops where Enterprise gets their cars fixed. He was working (unofficially) Saturday morning, so I ran into him when I was staging a car at the shop. It was a casual conversation, and I found him interesting, so I'll keep my eye on him.
*******************************************
However, I had a date with Beau.
Beau took the initiative and got my number from Brandi. We've been chatting via email, phone and text since last week. He called Saturday and asked if I'd be interested in doing something with him Sunday afternoon. We originally made plans to go to the Aquarium, but time ran out, so I ended up going to his place to watch a movie. We ended up talking more than watching the movie, so I got to know a few things about him. We had a really good time, and he asked if I would want to do something more official this week sometime. I said that would be great, so it looks like I might have another date this week. I continually like what I discover about him, so this is fun.
This is the first time in a long time where I actually felt like myself. If you didn't know already, I'm a huge dork (I admit that). Beau has already seen my dorky side, and he likes it!
I made the mistake of telling him I like to write. He asked what kind of writing, and I told him about my blog. He laughed and laughed. He thinks it's the dorkiest thing he's ever heard, and he wanted me to give him my link. To which I replied, "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" I would be mortified if he ever caught wind of this column.
No comments:
Post a Comment