Before the fire alarm went off Friday afternoon, there was one section of freshman who entered into my classroom. They have study hall in my room, and another teacher is in control of the class, but I was sitting at my computer doing some work so I was half paying attention to what was going on. One boy in particular caught my attention. He was with a para, so I knew he was probably part of the special education program.
The teacher in charge of the study hall was going over some rules for study hall, and somehow they veered onto the topic of school dances. Ms. Frisbee announced to the freshman that Homecoming had been changed to Saturday, September 26. This particular boy raised his hand.
He asked, "Can freshman go to Homecoming?"
Ms. Frisbee replied, "Yes, freshman can go to all dances expect Prom."
He raised his hand again. "Can boys dance with girls at the dances?"
The other kids chuckled, and Ms. Frisbee and I did everything in our power not to laugh. She nicely replied, "Yes, boys can dance with girls at the dances."
This boy turned to his neighbor, tapped him on his shoulder and said, "Did you hear that? Boys can dance with girls at the dance! I am so excited to go!"
___________________________________________________
I fully understand that by telling you this next story I am going to come across as a little snob!
My parents got me a Tiffany necklace for my graduation. I adore this necklace, and I've worn it every single day since receiving it. Thanks mom and dad! I love it!
I was wearing it Friday when the study hall students started filtering into my room. A young girl came up to me and said, "Hey! We have the same necklace!"
I looked at her necklace. It was a similar necklace, but hers was from Claire's and cost about $8. I smiled politely, and agreed with her, but on the inside I was thinking, "Honey, Tiffany made my necklace. Claire made your necklace. They are NOTHING alike."
No comments:
Post a Comment