I was so thoroughly confused this morning that I thought I had gone crazy. I mean, I really thought I was crazy.
There is a thing at our school called the Learning Lab. This is a place where students can come for extra help if they are struggling in a certain subject. I am the English representative during 1st hour, so I was sitting there grading papers when one of my English students came up to me. His name is David, and he's a really bright kid. I was happy to see him getting extra help on the essay I just assigned.
"Good morning," he said to me.
"Good morning. How are you?" I replied.
"I'm good. I was wondering if you could look at my essay."
"Of course!"
I took his essay to find that it was over Of Mice and Men, a book we have not read in my English class yet. This is where I began to get confused. I looked at David with a confused look, and asked him why he had written his essay on Of Mice and Men. He then looked at me confused.
He said, "Mr. Brich assigned me this essay. I'm in his English class."
Now I was REALLY confused. No, I am his English teacher!
I asked him, "Are you taking two English classes?"
Again, he looked at me with a confused look. "No, Mr. Brich is my English teacher."
"No, I am your English teacher."
I thought someone was playing a joke on me.
A smile came over his face. "You must have my twin brother, David. I'm Paxton."
Well that makes sense. There are two of them, and I was talking to the one I didn't know. The crazy thing was, they look JUST alike and sound JUST alike. They could switch classes for a day and I would never know.
Now that I've read Paxton's essay, David won't be able to cheat and copy his brother's essay for when we do Of Mice and Men.
1 comment:
I have so been there done that. I have had two sets of identical twins that I have confused. It is funny.
Post a Comment