Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thanks

Another teacher at Chatfield gave their students an assignment to write another teacher at Chatfield a thank you note. They could choose any teacher they wanted. I received three letters on Friday, and it definitely made my day. I also found out I get to stay at Chatfield another year, so Friday was a fantastic day.

From one of my high risk kids:
(I obviously haven't done a great job of teaching him grammar/punctuation-don't judge)....

Dear Ms. Nichols,
Durin this year I have grown to not dispise englesh, due to you. I use to never come to englesh but your class ant to bad. You have been a big help in and out of the class room

N

From a student I had last year:

Dear Ms. Nichols,

I'm writing to you to show my appreciation at how fantastic you are. I haven't had you since freshmen year. I won't lie, but the first semester I had you, it was not my favorite class. But, the longer I had you as a teacher, and by the second semester rolled around, you were easily my favorite teacher. I even still tell people that you are my favorite teacher I have had at Chatfield. You were so much fun in class and you were great at teaching. I was very upset that I did not get you again this year. Your class was the only I have had yet that I actually looked forward to going to. I hated English prior to high school, but having you not only made my skills stronger, but I found a new liking for English. I don't think it is possible to have you next year, but if it is, I hope I have you. Thank you for all that you have done! I hope you stay how you are and influence other students the way that you did me.

Thank you,
J

From a student I had last semester:
Dear Ms. Nichols,

Today I am sitting here with a freshly broken nose. I think I pulled my knee and I got a nasty cold which keeps me from laughing or lifting due to the pain in my throat. But through all this it is truely hard not to laugh because it is just one of those days. But anyway the reason for this leeter is to tell you that you are appreciated by not just all the students in your life but all the many friends and family you have acquired over the years. You are a joy to be around. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
B

If you're up to the task, I encourage you to send a thank you to someone in your life. It meant a lot to me, and I know it would mean a lot to your person, too. I plan on writing a letter or two myself.


1 comment:

Desiree Jewell said...

Way to go Shiloh!!!!! So happy about the job too!!! XOXOXO- dez