Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Friend

I have a friend.

He is a new friend.

He eats my food.

He visits when I'm not around.

He lives in my desk drawer.

He's a mouse.

And he's not really my friend.

I don't like mice.

I especially don't like mice that eat my food.

I am soon going to find my new friend dead in the mouse trap that has been set in my desk.

Perhaps he is already dead, but I'm not about to shake the trap to see if a dead body flops around.

I'll save that for the janitors.

I first noticed I had a visitor last week when my bag of cereal had been eaten through. There were no crumbs, however, so I didn't think anything of it.

Then I found my bag of M&Ms with a giant hole in the bag.

The next day I found my bag of pretzels eaten.

That's when I called for the trap.

And hid all my food.

I'm scared to death to open my desk drawer in fear he will come flying out at me.

I don't hear anything right now, so I think I'm safe.

Goodbye new friend. I hope you enjoyed the food while it was available.

Soon you will be dead.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Remember before mom and dad remodeled the kitchen and I went and opened a drawer in the kitchen and a mouse jumped straight out at me? I still remember screaming and running out to the living room and jumping up on the sofa. Just stand to the side of the drawer if and when you finally open it.

Brian and Becca Kuster said...

Oh that is the worst story ever. I am totally freaked!! I have food in my classroom cupboard and now I think I need to get rid of it. I DO NOT like mice!!!!!