I LOVE sushi.
Like, I could eat it every day type of love.
If you're a sushi lover, then you know that it can be kind of expensive. In order to cut some of the cost, I sometimes buy the sushi from Target.
Don't judge.
It's actually quite tasty and fresh (it's made in-house daily), and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
And boy do I love soy sauce. If it wasn't so taboo, I would drink it from the saucer after I was done with my rolls. Instead, so I'm not rude, I stick my fingers in the bowl and lick my fingers.
Don't judge.
Today, after the dentist made me bleed, throb, hurt, and cry, I decided it was a sushi kind of night. I deserve it after seeing the dentist six times in the past four months. And having all those fingers in my mouth!
However, I'm also on a money saving, cut back on everything kind of budget. Especially on groceries. I am one, single lady (with an every other weekend boyfriend), so how in the world can I possibly spend so much money on groceries?
Well, I know the answer. I like to cook. I like to bake. I like meat. I like to eat. My boyfriend also likes all of the above. Enough said.
Anyway, being the good girl I am, I decided I didn't need to buy sushi when I could (possibly, kinda, sort of) make it on my own.
All it is is: salmon. rice. cucumber. soy sauce.
Yes, yes, I know it has more than that (such as seaweed, avocado, etc, etc), but I didn't want to go to the store. I wanted to use what I had on hand.
I cooked up my salmon (I decided not to go with raw salmon). I cooked up my rice. I cut up my cucumber into toothpicks. I put it all a bowl (I mean, come on, I am not patient enough to make the actual rolls. I was starving, and wanted my food NOW). I added some dried cranberries for some extra flavor, I added soy sauce, and wha lah! I have (possibly, kinda, sort of) a sushi bowl.
Not too shabby for a girl on a budget. And it didn't taste too bad, either!
No comments:
Post a Comment