Saturday, June 22, 2013

Adventures Of The Week

Josh and I went to Dave and Buster's with Josh's best friend, Marcus, and Marcus' kid, Leila (she's 9). We all had lunch together and then went to play in the arcade.

Anyone who says Dave and Buster's is just for kids is wrong! Josh and I had a blast, we collected as many tickets as we could, we played a whole bunch of games, and in the end, we saved our tickets for another day (and yes, we'll be going back soon. We're saving our tickets for an X-Box; only 17,000 more tickets to go).

We then took an impromptu trip to Black Hawk (the casinos). We played, we gambled, we lost.... $100 later in the hole, and we decided to call it quits.

On the up side, we each got a free buffet. Now let me tell you, I typically don't find buffet food to be any good. The older I get, the less excited I am about buffets. However, Oh. My. Goodness. This buffet was amazing. Amazing food. Every single thing we tried was delicious, and we kept going back for more and more and more (I kept saying we had to get our money worth, even though it was free (but technically and cost us $100)).

Anyway, we ate and ate and ate. They had All You Can Eat Crab-legs, and I took advantage of that. They were delish. And then the best part, dessert of course. I ventured up slowly to take in all the sweets. My eyes landed on an ice cream machine, so I headed straight there (you know how I love my ice cream). Lo and behold, they had soft-serve mint chocolate chip ice cream!!!!!

HEAVEN!

They also had Butterfingers topping. I got a huge bowl of mint ice cream, sprinkled Butterfingers on top, and I was sold. No other desserts needed.

And then I went back for seconds on mint ice cream because this is the only place I have ever found soft-serve mint. Some more Butterfingers on top, and I was in a coma.

Please don't tell anyone this, but then I went back for thirds! (Shhhh). But, I was so full and so miserable that I couldn't eat it, so....I took it back to our hotel room and held it for a while just staring. When it started to melt, I had to eat it (I wasn't about to throw this heaven away). And then I couldn't move for about two hours. (Josh had already been in a food coma while I stared at my ice cream. He told me not to eat it, but I didn't listen. I should have listened).

After all our food, we both wanted to throw up, but we laid on the bed and watched the Rockies game instead. After two hours of no movement, Josh finally made me get up and we went back to the casino for a while to lose more money.

After our trip to the casino, we then went to a Rockies game back in Denver the next day. We made a day of it by hopping on the lightrail and riding the train into Denver. We spent four hours at the game (it was HOT) and had nachos and soda (you can't go to a Rockies game without getting nachos, my favorite).





So the entire point of this blog, if you haven't caught on, is FOOD. We love food. We ate a lot of food last week. We ate so much food that we could barely move. Food is good.

And to help myself feel better about all the food, and so that you won't judge us quite as harshly, I will also let you know that in the past month, Josh and I have ridden 300 miles on our bikes, so I feel justified in all the food.

No comments: