I'm enjoying week two of my summer vacation, and I already don't know what day it is. The days seem to blend together, and I have a hard time keeping track of Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday.
According to my calendar, though, today is Wednesday, June 12. That much I know to be true.
To backtrack, though, here's a recap of the last two weeks (because I know you care so much!).
Wednesday, May 22
My mom was in town visiting, so she came to my classroom for two hours. The kids enjoyed meeting my mother and asking questions. My mom left wondering how I do it every day.
Thursday, May 23
Graduation at Red Rocks. This is one of my favorite days of the year, and I usually am brought to tears by a few names that are read. Since I work with high risk kids (high risk for dropout), I am so, so proud when my kiddos finally graduate. Two specific kids came and found me, hugged me, thanked me, and said they wouldn't have graduated without my help. I attended a graduation party that evening for my Teacher Assistant, Brittany.
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, May 25, 26, 27
Three day weekend!!! Josh and I spent the weekend at his parent's house in Hudson, CO, dog-sitting. We also drove into Greeley for a 30 mile bike ride, and we also got to see Collin, Kate, Carson, Kye, and Corinne for a short bit! On Monday, Josh and I went on a 15 mile bike ride and then went boating with my friend Liz and her friend, Chris, who owns a boat.
Tuesday and Wednesday, May 28 and 29
Finals! These days are easy for the teacher, and they are also half days. I was home by noon each day. Since the tests are taken on scantrons, someone else grades my tests within minutes, so I was able to read and finish up grading while my students took their tests.
Thursday, May 30
Check out day for teachers. I arrived around 10 a.m., got all the signatures I needed, we had a faculty lunch at 11 a.m., and I was checked out by 12:30. School's Out For The Summer!
Friday, May 31
I started the day off with a 20 mile bike ride. I then met my friend, Liz, at A Whale of a Book Sale where used books range from $1-$2. I loaded up on a few goodies to keep me busy for the summer. Several hours later, I met Liz again for a graduation party, and then I headed back to Hudson (Josh's parent's house) where Josh and I dog-sat for another four days (his parents were in FL for eight days).
Saturday, June 1
Josh and I had a garage sale at his parent's house where we made about $60.
Sunday, June 2
We decided to have the garage sale one more day since we were just sitting there, and we made a whopping $5!
Monday, June 3
Happy birthday to my sweet niece, Siahna, and one of my best friends, Abby! Josh and I drove to Greeley where we rode 43 miles. I had a small bike wreck this day. And actually, I fell on top of Josh, so he also had a bike wreck that day, thanks to me! We are both fine (so are the bikes), but we ended up with some wicked cool bruises and scrapes! Thankfully, the crash was near the end of our 43 mile ride, so we made it back to our car, quickly showered at his apartment, and then had lunch at Roma's, one of our favorite places in Greeley. That night, we went out to eat at the Pepper Pod in Hudson, which I guess is a pretty famous restaurant.
Tuesday, June 4
We picked Josh's parents up from the airport, and boy was I ever glad to be done dog-sitting!!!
Wednesday and Thursday, June 5 and 6
Back to work I go! I had two days of training I had to attend (but I got paid extra to go). I am co-teaching next year, so the training was to teach me how to co-teach. I was also able to have lunch with Britt since she is leaving to travel Europe for the next TWO months! We had a fabulous lunch, said goodbye, and promised to keep in touch while she's away.
Friday, June 7
Josh talked me into going on a hike. We went to Deer Creek Canyon and found a hiking trail there. It was a pretty easy 3-mile loop, and lucky for mankind, I did not see any snakes (although several people stopped us along the way to tell us they had spotted rattlesnakes). I had packed a lunch, so we stopped halfway through our hike to eat and enjoy the scenery.
On our way home, we stopped at Botanical Gardens where Shannon was with Case and Siahna. We played at the playground with them for a short bit and then headed home where I prepared a feast for dinner (since we had burned so many calories hiking, you know).
Saturday and Sunday, June 8 and 9
Josh and I met up with Kari and we rode 24 miles of hills. It was super, super windy, so we cut our ride short a little bit. We were having to work to go downhill, and we almost blew over going uphill (quite literally). It was not a fun ride, but it WAS fun to ride with Kari. Later that afternoon, Josh and I went to Case's birthday party at My Gym. After the party, Shannon and Jeff prepared a feast for us for dinner. We also celebrated my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. Sunday was Siahna's birthday party, so we spent the day at their house. (More details and pictures to come on this fun-filled weekend).




2 comments:
I got a shout out :)
You look great!
You forgot June 7th, when you ignored a call from your buddy Rich. Busy day, I guess. Oh well, I remember the days when I used to be able to talk to Shiloh...Oh well, maybe next year...
Post a Comment