Thursday, April 2, 2009

Searching for a Job

I applied to my first teaching job today. It's in the Cherry Creek School District, which is a nice area to work. It's at a middle school, which wouldn't be my first choice (I really like high school), but I'm taking whatever I can get at this point. The middle school is Campus Middle School.

The application took me about three hours to fill out. The next application should go quicker, but this was my first time, so I had to spend a lot of time looking up phone numbers for references, getting addresses to the schools where I've taught, making copies of my letters of reference, etc. It took a long time. Once the application was complete, then I had to take a Gallup Poll, which took about 30 minutes. This poll asks you a million questions, all of which are very similar to one another. They want to make sure that you're answering true to what you believe, so they just re-word the questions several times to try to trick you.

Then it was off to the post office to mail the package. It's now in the mail, so I have to wait until the job closes, which is April 13. Once it closes, they will start calling applicants, so pray that I get a phone call. This job would be an answer to prayer. I'm also keeping my eyes open for any other Language Arts positions, but as of today, this is the one and only L/A spot open in the Denver area.

Tomorrow, I'm going to find a part time job. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do this summer for a job, so I figure if I can get a job now, I'll at least have that as a backup.

2 comments:

Rob said...

My niece attended campus middle school (she's graduating from cherry creek next month), and my nephew is still attending campus middle (he's in 7th grade). We also have a friend who teaches math there. Let me know if I can help...

linzlou12 said...

Good luck!! And, you know Cindy Patton from DCC?? We hung out last night and she saw a pic of us together and asked how i knew you. Small world!