After returning from Mexico this past weekend, I discovered my car battery to be dead. Jeff helped me jump the car, and mom and dad helped me get a new battery and install it. This, of course, reset everything in my car (clock and gas mileage ticker). Typically, I keep my mileage ticker on the miles per tank (rather than on the total miles of the car. Upon starting my car, however, the total miles of my car appeared on the display. I rarely look at how many miles my car has; in fact, if someone would have asked me how many miles my car had, I probably would have said around 115,000.
I looked at the display showcasing my mileage and saw that it read: 123,440. It didn't take me long to realize that my car was very close to reading: 123,456, which isn't something you see very often. I made a mental note to watch for it to happen.
I drove to school Monday and I ended up at 123,451. Only five more miles to go! I decided I would take a picture of this SPECIAL occasion. On my way home from school yesterday, I got my phone ready for the snapshot. At mileage 123,455, my phone beeped. I looked at it and it was flashing: LOW BATTERY. Of course, this would happen to me. The miles rolled to 123,456, so I pulled into a gas station (so that I wouldn't be driving and taking a picture at the same time). I opened my phone to take a picture and it powered down.
WHAT?!?! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I powered my phone back on. It didn't turn off, so I turned on the camera. It powered down again. I had to choice but to keep driving. I was fairly close to home, so I was holding out hope I would make it home before it flipped to 123,457. I turned the corner onto my street. I had six houses to go before I would be home. At home number two it flipped to 123,457.
Stupid son of a $#&!%
Ok, seriously, this would be my luck. The coolest thing to happen to my poor car in the five years I've owned it and I can't even take a picture to remember it by.
No comments:
Post a Comment