Monday, December 21, 2009

Answers

The Shi-Low Down
I have the next two weeks off from work, so I am super excited about what I have in store for you. I have pictures, I have stories, I have laughs. Hopefully I can provide some entertainment over the next two weeks.
For the moment, I am here to answer your questions. I must say I was disappointed in the response. Thanks to Lisa and Kari for asking me questions. I will forewarn you that if I don't have participation, this isn't going to work very well. I want to hear your thoughts!!!
I asked for your questions in this post: I'm Back.
1. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
I will admit to you that I was/am a total nerd, and I used to spend Friday nights watching 20/20. Even today, it is one of my favorite shows, and I make sure to Tivo every episode so I can watch it when I have some time. Growing up watching Barbara Walters made me want to be do her job. As I entered college and began to study Journalism, I wanted to take over her job. Being the anchor for 20/20 would be my all time top job if I knew I even had a chance to try out. Without any hesitation, if I was not teaching right now, I would want to pursue a job to be a new anchor in broadcast Journalism.
2. What is the craziest hing you have ever done?
My craziness probably doesn't come close to what other people have done, but I have to say that the craziest (and dumbest) thing I've ever done was jump off RUSH Bridge, not once, not twice, but three times. For those of you not from Nebraska, RUSH is a bridge by Johnson Lake that is 40-50 above a channel of water that eventually leads into Johnson Lake. What makes this adventure crazy is that no one knows how deep the water is. No one knows what is underneath the water. People have died jumping off this bridge. However, it is an attraction for the old and young alike. I ventured there with a group of guy friends one afternoon. I was the only girl, so of course I had to show them I could do it. It took me a while to get up the nerve to jump. Let me tell you, 45 feet above water is a long fall. I finally jumped. I didn't die. After climbing back up, they talked me into jumping again. I jumped again. I didn't die again. After the entire deal was over, I was left shaking thinking about what I had just done. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I vowed never to do it again. However, a few weeks later, we ventured out again. This time, I wasn't the only girl, but I had to prove to everyone that I wasn't afraid. I jumped again. I didn't die again. It left me so scared that I will NEVER do something like that again. Luckily, none of my friends died jumping off Rush, so it ends with a happy story, but now I understand why my mom was mortified when she learned of what we had done.
3. What are your top five qualities a guy must possess before you'll date him.
This is a hard question to answer because as I get older, some of those qualities have changed. I think I have to change the wording of the question a tad, though, because I feel like you date a person to find out if they have these qualities or not. I wouldn't NOT date a guy if I didn't know the answer to these questions right away. I think the question would be more fair in stating: What are your top five qualities a guy must possess to continue a long term relationship with him?
*Must love the Lord.
*Must want children.
*Must work at a job he loves. I would rather him make $20,000 and love his job than make $90,000 and hate his job.
*Must love his family and learn to love mine.
*Must make me his number one priority (and I, in turn, will serve him and love him with my entire heart). I want a guy to want to spend time with me.
4. What other qualities do you a prefer but aren't necessarily a deal breaker in a guy?
This is where it starts to get a little bit more physical :)
*Blue eyes (so we can have blue-eyed children).
*Dark hair.
*Larger body frame.
*No kids.
*Preferably never married.
*Hopefully he has a wonderful mother.
*College educated.
*Loves his job AND makes a lot of money.
*A decent car.
*Doesn't live with his parents.
*Athletic.
*Likes to bike ride.
*Is active.
***I'll keep thinking on this question and might add some more answers, but for now, this is a good list.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Good answers! Glad you tweaked mine...that's what I meant: "What qualities are musts for a relationship", not necessarily a first or second date. ;-) Now I know what to follow up when you meet a guy. Ha!

Kari said...

PS - I've gone out with a guy who lives at home quite recently. Ha! Granted he's mortified by it and hasn't told me this information himself. And I'm pretty sure he hopes to leave someday.

Anonymous said...

Your uncle will be impressed with Rush bridge. He too has jumped off of it MANY times and didn't die. :-) We know people tho that got hurt pretty bad out there. I went there many times - but always chickened out. Not knowing how to swim kinda put a damper on it for me.