I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing when people say they are living vicariously through my life/stories. I guess I'm flattered that people find my life so interesting, but normally I feel like my life is full of drama. And what's funny about that is I am usually pretty drama free. It's the people around me (aka boys) that create the drama. The ladies at school are always eager to listen to my stories from the weekend. They are all married, so they love to hear how I meet guys. They love to hear about my dates. They love to hear the sweet things. They love to hear the restaurants we checked out, or the dance places we tried, or the creative date that the boy planned.
I did not disappoint them this Monday morning. I had told them about my upcoming date with Josh, so they quickly came running for story time. With a smile on my face, I told them about my time with Josh.
Josh and I met for dinner Saturday evening. He came bearing a yellow rose, which I thought was sweet. I've never gotten a flower from a guy before, so I thought it was cute he had considered doing it. We enjoyed a nice conversation during dinner while listening to Zac Brown (see this post to read about my ZB crush). Ironically enough, Josh kind of looks like ZB, but that's beside the point.
After dinner, he humored me and we watched the Husker game together. He had previously informed me that the Huskers were going to get creamed, but he quickly took back his words as the Huskers led for most of the game. At half time, we decided to put on our dancing shoes and head to the Grizzly Rose.
At the Rose, we sat at the bar and had a few drinks while watching the rest of the game (a sad ending). I was depressed, so we decided to hit the dance floor and dance the night away. He's a good dancer, and I'm good at faking to be a good dancer, so we had a good time doing the Cha Cha, the two-step and we even tried our hand at the triple step.
At the end of the night, we said our goodbyes, and he mentioned wanting to go to church with me, so we made plans to meet up the following morning. Yesterday, we went to church together. We then had lunch at Pei Wei and then we ventured onto car talk. I made mention that my engine light had been on (for almost a year). He gave me a stern look (something like my father would give) and said, "And you've never done anything about it?" I ashamedly said NO, to which he replied, "Let's go take a look."
We got my car and he took me to an auto store where they do free diagnostics. The guy at the store was busy, so he gave the diagnostic thingy to Josh and Josh ran the test himself. He must have understood what the diagnostic thingy told him because he went back into the store and started asking questions about parts/repairs/costs. It was all gibberish to me, so I stood there and looked nice while the guys talked. Josh wanted to take a look inside my engine, so we went outside to "pop the hood."
While Josh was looking inside my hood for certain parts (cylinders, maybe?-there are six of them), I was again trying to look nice while certainly not knowing what was going on. As Josh got his hands dirty looking in the hood, I saw a random part just sitting in there. Since the guy inside had shown us what the cylinder thingy looked like, I knew what Josh was looking for. This thing sitting randomly in there looked just like the cylinder that the guy inside had shown us. I picked it up (it wasn't connected to anything-again, it was just sitting there on top) and said, "Josh, is that what you're looking for?"
Why yes, yes it was. There was a random cylinder just sitting in my engine, not connected to anything. I got the giggles. Josh was confused as why it was just sitting there. I guess that question will never be answered, other than whoever last worked on my car forgot to throw it away/put it back where it belonged. Josh thought maybe this solved the problem with my car (if it was missing a cylinder, this would explain why the engine light was on and why I was having problems with my car). We went back to my place to get the tools. Josh spent some time looking in my car and discovered that all six cylinders are in place (so this was just a random part someone forgot to throw away). Three of the cylinders are easily replaceable. Three of them are not (hidden far, far away in the engine). He said he would have to do some research to figure out how to reach those other three cylinders.
We then spent the rest of the afternoon watching the Broncos lose (yet again).
Overall, it was a good weekend with a really nice guy. There are many qualities that I like about Josh, and we decided to see each other again soon. We had a lot of laughs together, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again.
6 comments:
Wow! Glad you decided to call him back. : ) And he's handy too!
So, he took a look inside your engine?????
LMAO-Oh Shan, you're such a funny sister. Too funny... :)
I was totally thinking that the whole engine thing was a euphamism too, but didn't want to hear that my mind was in the gutter.
I can't believe he did all that after just meeting you!! That's a stand up kind of guy!!!! :)
This guy Josh sounds amazing!
Post a Comment