Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sum It Up

Oh, let's see, where to start?

I often wonder who actually reads my blog. I, for one, am an avid blog reader. I usually take 15 minutes (at least) every day to read through my favorite blogs and catch up on ideas and lives. I hope others do this through my blog, too.

I haven't posted recently because it hasn't been the most exciting two weeks (not that they were bad, but they just weren't blog worthy days).

I was sick for six weeks.

Then on top of that, I got the flu. Vomit and "such" ensued for 24 hours, and then I was back to normal. I've had it all: cough, runny nose, headache, vomit, broken rib. I am finally back to normal health, but I am sad to say that today my cough has returned.

This was all before and during my two week Christmas break. At least I didn't have to take days off from work to get over my sickness.

My parents were here for three days to celebrate Christmas with my sister (and her family), Josh, and me. Sadly, we weren't able to celebrate with my brother, sis-in-law, and niece and nephews, but we sent gifts home with mom and dad for the crew.

After my parents left, Josh and I took a mini vacation up the mountain. We visited some hot springs in Idaho Springs, ate out, enjoyed pizza, gambled a few bucks away at Black Hawk, and had a nice little getaway. We searched for over an hour for a carmel apple, but apparently those are hard to come by.

I read three books over break (and I am currently obsessed with one). Holly got me a great book as a gift, and I can't put it down. I read during my off hour today (oops). I just can't put it down, so thanks Holly! I also got involved in Lost. I had watched the first four seasons when it was on TV, but I was never able to finish it. I rented season 5 last week and watched 15 hours of Lost during my break. I am currently on the last season, so every day after work, I watch as much as I can.

Basically, I am a worthless piece of sack between my book reading and Lost watching.

Oh well.

I am officially back to work (and although I read on my off-hour, I am getting a lot done here at work). My students are great, and I am excited for a new, fresh semester.

Josh and I were able to spend some time together over break (more than our 48 hours every week). He starts his new semester on Monday, so he's working on getting back into the swing of things after having a month off. I will visit him in Greeley this weekend, and we have plans for a double date with a new friend of his (and his wife). We're excited to eat some wings and watch Bronco football!

So, that about sums up the past three weeks. See? Kind of boring, right?

And just the way I like it!

8 comments:

Diana said...

Your blog is not boring. I check it out frequently.

Diana said...

Also, nice to know that you're feeling better. It's hard to stay well when you're working in schools.

Katie said...

I'm not bored either! Check every day. And I must say, in the (over) two years you've been with Josh, we have never been on a double date! What's with these new friends trumping me? :)

Katie said...

...and I think your 48 hours a week is more than I see Steve with our work schedules! Lucky! :) what books?

Kari Marie said...

What book are you obsessed with?

Kari Marie said...

text me the name...

Holly said...

I don't know how I missed this post originally! Glad you like the book. : )

Desiree Jewell said...

Loved this recap!