Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sunshine to Snow

I had a free afternoon yesterday, so I decided to get my Christmas decorations out. My Christmas stuff has been in storage for five years, so it was like Christmas as I opened up all my boxes. It was so much fun to rediscover all my cute little decorations.

I have a small storage shed on my balcony, which is crammed full of extra stuff, so I had to pull everything out in order to reach my Christmas tub. I had boxes of Christmas dishes, tubs of scrapbooking materials, picture frames, chairs, ect. strewn over my balcony. It was a disaster, and I could barely walk from one box to another. I decided while I was unloading everything, I would organize myself, too. I was packing up Halloween decorations, unloading Christmas decorations, and cleaning all at the same time.

To top off the mess, it was severely windy yesterday. Like, Nebraska wind windy. It was howling, and my stuff was being whipped all over the place. My balcony door was flapping back and forth, my hair was in my face, and I was freezing. I was barefoot (because that's the best way to unpack while standing outside during a cold fall day), and my teeth were starting to chatter.

And then, completely out of the blue (as it had been sunny five minutes prior), it started raining. And then snowing. HARD. And remember, it was windy, so not only was it raining/snowing, but it was coming down hard and slanted. I was so unprepared for this sudden storm that all I could do was stand on the balcony barefoot and stare at the snow coming down.

I quickly sprung to action, though. My stuff was getting ruined. What had taken me about 20 minutes to unpack was quickly repacked in about two minutes. I shoved everything into the storage shed, and ran inside to warm up/dry off.

Gotta love Colorado weather.

Moral of the story: Don't open my shed door if you come to visit.

1 comment:

Desiree Jewell said...

Awww!!! I hope they didn't get too ruined!! Try again tomorrow- it's supposed to be 63!! :)