April and I have been friends since 2002, which is when I moved back to Kearney from Oregon. I've shared her story about her fight through cancer, and this year she was officially stated in remission. She has an incredible story, and she is a fighter. April is one of the neatest people I know, and I am proud to call her my best friend. Among those I call my best friends are also Michelle, Katie, and Irish (all five of us met at Skeeter Barnes, where we all worked through college). The five of us have been through a lot together, and I am so blessed to have such four amazing girls in my life. When the five of us are together, it's nothing but laughs and stories.
April was the second of us to hit 30 (I was the first to turn 30, almost two years ago). I wasn't about to miss her birthday party, so I headed to Kearney back in May with Katie and her boyfriend, Steve.
What we didn't realize was that there was going to be a big surprise at April's party.
To get the night started, Michelle and I had to try out the cool straws.
This is the big surprise.
Katie and I were in the garage and we heard someone say, "Girls, you better get out here RIGHT. NOW." Katie and I quickly ran to the back yard to watch this amazing proposal. We almost missed it! Everyone was completely shocked, including April, and it was a beautiful thing to watch (the first engagement I've ever watched).
Zach later told us girls that he had intended on telling us earlier that day, but he was never able to get us alone without April, so it was as much as a surprise to us as it was to her. Aydan, their 6 year old boy, helped Zach pick out the ring and kept it a secret the entire time he knew. We were quite impressed. After Zach proposed, April said yes and Aydan yelled, "You did it!" It was pretty special to watch.
April was beaming the rest of the night. The ring is perfect, and they have set a date for Oct. 6. April asked me to be Maid of Honor, which I am blessed to be a part of her special day.
Happy 30th, April. You deserve the world.
Here are the five of us.
Irish, Katie, Michelle, April, and Me.
We have been through A LOT together, including marriage, babies, miscarriages, working together at Skeeter Barnes, trips (Vegas being the most fun), lots of laughter, and lots of tears. I just can't get enough of these girls!
Steve (Katie's boyfriend) decided to make an appearance. This picture was "Look off into the distance with a serious face." I think I'm the only to succeed.
Opening presents!
A toast to the soon to be bride and groom.
Among the guests were two ex-managers from Skeeter Barnes, Jason and Brandon. These two guys, even though they were our boss, also became good friends to us girls during our college days. We were excited to have them join the party, but we were shocked to see Jason with such long hair. Katie grabbed a pair of scissors and tried to cut it off. Brandon quickly stopped the cutting.
The old Skeeter Barnes gang.
April proudly showing off her gorgeous ring.
A party isn't a party without some karaoke. The five of us sure got into this song (White Houses). It's our song, and we belted it for everyone to hear.
Zach and April ended the night with a dance.
What a fun night we all had!
2 comments:
What an awesome awesome celebration!!! I am so glad you got to see the engagement and what a memorable 30th Bday for April!!!
Awwww! I love you my Shiloh!! I'm so lucky to have you in my life!!
Post a Comment