At this point, I'm looking pretty good! The last 30 miles were tough, I'm not going to lie. The wind picked up around 10 a.m., so we rode directly into the wind for the last 20 miles of the ride. By the time we crossed the finish line, it was 101 degrees! We sure were glad to be done. My team was great. I was the slowest one, but they all waited for me a block before the finish line so we could all ride in together. What a moment!
Our fifth year of riding is complete!
I joked with Collin that the reason he beat me by over an hour each day was because I'm two years older than him. In two years, he'll feel my pain! Or perhaps his four foot long legs help him. Or perhaps he's in better shape than me. Nonetheless, I am proud of my brother who only did three training rides prior to the ride. I, on the other hand, rode over 500 miles before the ride.
I had a whole crew at the finish line. Carson and Case were supposed to hug, but they didn't want to touch each other.
| My Aunt Lisa (and Uncle Jim) were at the finish, and Corinne was as happy as ever. |
| Siahna and Shannon were feeling the heat, but Siahna's sunglasses sure came in handy! |
| Mom and Dad were at the end, of course. |
Nothing helps beat the heat than snow cones! They were delish, and all the kids got to make their own!
Josh was there, too, and blew kisses to me as I crossed the finish line.
I'm on the left in pink crossing the finish line.
Team Saddle Soar
Day 2 took me 4.75 hours to complete 64 miles, which made my average 13.1 mph. There were a lot more hills on Day 2, which slowed me down.
Thank you for all your support, prayers, and thoughts last weekend! There are certainly times when I wanted to give up, but because of your support, I made it to the finish line. Our team of 11 has raised over $12,000 this year, all because of some very generous donations by family and friends. I have raised $900 thus far and am still trying to hit my goal of $1,000. If you're interested in donating, please click the link below to find my page.
Thank you for all your support, prayers, and thoughts last weekend! There are certainly times when I wanted to give up, but because of your support, I made it to the finish line. Our team of 11 has raised over $12,000 this year, all because of some very generous donations by family and friends. I have raised $900 thus far and am still trying to hit my goal of $1,000. If you're interested in donating, please click the link below to find my page.
My Personal Page



4 comments:
Um, do you know how to spell my daughter's name????
So proud of you and Collin. I get tears every year when you cross the finish line.
Sorry, my mistake. Yes, I know how to spell her name, but I guess I was in a hurry and didn't proof read. It's fixed :)
:)
wow! what an accomplishment! impressive! :)
Post a Comment