Monday, July 9, 2012

Caron-8, and Kye-6

I'm trying to catch up on some blogs I should have done months ago. All of my nephews and nieces have had birthdays recently (except for Corinne), so here we go, one at a time.

Carson turned 8 on March 28. He's the oldest of the crew, and definitely the most mature. He is pretty great, and it has been so much fun watching him grow up and learn. He adores Corinne, and he takes such good care of his baby sister. The other day at a restaurant, Collin asked Carson to share his pop with Corinne.

Collin: Carson, share with Corinne please.
Carson: OK. Corinne, what kind of pop do you want?
Corinne: Coke.
Carson: They don't have Coke. Do you want Pepsi instead?
Corinne: No, I want Coke.
Carson: But Pepsi tastes just like Coke. You'll like it.
Corinne: I want Coke.
Collin: Carson, tell her you're getting Coke and get Pepsi.
Carson: Corinne, I'll go get us a Coke.

Which he did and kindly shared his pop with his little sister without complaint.

Carson is calm, steady, and the quieter one of the group. He loves to learn and ask questions. He makes friends easily, and it's hard not to love this 8 year old (soon to be 3rd grader). Happy birthday, Carson. Aunt Dido loves you!

 Carson chose a chocolate chip cookie dessert instead of a cake.



 Silly boys showing off for the camera.
 Corinne was getting impatient with all the singing, candle blowing, and cheering. Just give me my cookie, already!
Even though Kye's birthday was over a month later, we knew we weren't going to be able to celebrate with Kye for his birthday, so both boys received their birthday present at the same time. Shan and I took them to Target, and they each picked out a Wii game of their choice.

I don't have pictures of Kye's birthday, which was May 5. He had a water party full of friends and, well, water. We're bummed we had to miss it. Kye turned 6 and will be entering 1st grade. Here's a picture, however, that shows just how ornery Kye is. He got his arm stuck in this vacuum and said, "Can someone get me out? I have to go to the bathroom." Before helping, Collin and Kate both grabbed a camera to catch the situation.

Kye reminds me a lot of me. He's full of energy and the life of the party. He's hilarious and anything but calm. We predict he'll be a great football player, and he's just a lot of fun to be around. Love you, Kye!