Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Misc Pictures

 My dear friend Abby came for a visit a month ago. I love this girl to death! She has the most amazing husband and probably one of the cutest little boys on the planet. While our time was short together, we were able to get together for a night of food, conversation, and wine. 

Before Abby moved to Kansas, the four of us girls spent a lot of time together. It was fun to remember the "old days". 

Nikki, Kari, Abby, and Me
_______________________________________________________
Linda, after 25 years of teaching, was finally able to retire. Linda was one of the first people at Chatfield to take me under her wing to become not only a mentor, but a very special friend to me. We will miss her dearly this upcoming school year. 

We (the English department) threw Linda a retirement party, and it was a fabulous night. It was Hawaiian themed, the food was great, and the drinks were flowing. Here are three of my favorite people. 
Linda, Liz, Britt, and Me
____________________________________________________

Hayli and I did not like each other when we first met. We both worked at Sonshine World Daycare, and she thought I was a snot and I thought she was a snot. It took almost a full year of not liking each other before we decided to exercise together. We met at Target and went for a long walk and then went shopping after our walk. We were inseparable from that moment on. We discovered that we were both pretty cool. 

We lived together for a couple of years during our college days while continuing to work together at Sonshine World. I was in Hayli's wedding, and then she moved to Omaha and I moved to Denver. She was in Denver this week, so Hayli and I got to see each other for the first time in THREE years. It was so good to spend a few hours with her and catch up on each other. 
 This pictures is not recent, but it's the last picture Hayli and I took together a few years back. She looks the same, and other than my hair color, I look the same. 
___________________________________________________

We're not girls if we're not pampering ourselves. So that's what we did. Thanks to a Groupon, four of us girls got a facial one Sunday afternoon. Here, we have chocolate and honey on our faces.
Me, Liz, Erica, and Shannon

1 comment:

Kari Marie said...

The good old days...sigh! Miss our 4-some!!