Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Inside Shiloh's Head

My birthday is September 11. I turned 21 on that day in 2001. What are the chances of that? Out of 365 days out of a year, why did those two planes have to crash in to the towers on my 21st birthday? It made for a pretty crappy memory.

I love peanut M&M’s. I could eat them all the time. I always make sure to pack them in my “Bag of Fun” whenever I travel.

I usually win "Hardest Butt" Contest. That's right, I have a firm rear. My mother would be so proud.

My boss is a spazz. She is out of control, and I figure if she can find a man and get married, then I can, too.

I have a crush on a man I’ve only met once. I call him Mr Church Man, as I met him at church. One of these days I’m going to make my move. Watch out Mr Church Man, I’m coming to charm you in to liking me.

I have really cute friends, so I figure I must be semi-cute.

I dated a guy I met on an airplane. I was working my game that day because I made the first move. Within thirty minutes of talking to him, I had his phone number in my hand. How’s that for GAME?

I worked for a rental car company for four years. Who figured my Journalism/English degree would have me renting cars?

I have an elephant on my foot, a starfish on my ankle and a star on my back. When my grandma, who totally HATES tattoos, asked me if my tattoo was real, I said, “Which one?” I kind of got myself in trouble for that comment. She had only seen the one on my back. Now she knows there’s more than one.

My brother told me I have stumpy legs. Which I do, if truth be told. But I just rode 150 miles on my bike while he followed me around in his car.

I once gave up shopping for 40 days. But I actually didn’t make it to the end of my goal. About 20 days in, I found some cowboy boots I just had to have. So I had to start over. About 10 days in the second time, I found two lamps that were fabulous. After buying those, I had to start AGAIN. I finally gave up trying to give up shopping. It’s not for me.

You know how you get an idea in your head that sounds fabulous until you actually try it? I had that problem with running. I thought it would be a good idea to run. And then I pictured what it must look like to other people to see an out of breath girl pounding down the street. Probably not so pretty.

And then I thought it would be a good idea to ride UP Lookout Mtn. I was getting shouts of encouragement from people. “You go girl. You can do it. You’re almost to the top.” They must have thought I was going to die.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh Shi, you're one of a kind!! The best part is, I've been there for most of those stories and experiences. They are darn funny!

Anonymous said...

Great blog Shiloh! I enjoy reading it ;o) We have to meet someday! I feel like I know you so well, and I've never met you, crazy!!