I've been working on my Master's degree for over a year now. The cool part about my program is I have been attending classes with the same group of 12 people, and we've all become really good friends. Let me tell you about them.
Rob-a real Rocket Scientist. He's probably the smartest man I know, and even better, he's so much fun! He's a father of one boy, and he loves his wife so much. Rob is our joke teller and is going to make an incredible teacher. He's going to be teaching science (chemistry, physics, all those smart classes).
Courtney-a stay at home mom of two girls and works at her church part time. Courtney is great. She'll let you know how it is. No BS with Courtney. Her and I are tight. She's really smart with computers and business.
Rich-sells decks. Rich and I have become good friends. He is a father of one cute little two year old boy, Peter, and I've met his wife, Jenn. Rich is the sarcastic one and the best brown noser you'll ever meet. We sit by each other and write notes back and forth during class. Courtney usually joins in, too. Rich is going to teach business and Spanish.
Jen-works at a hotel in Vail. She drives over two hours one way to attend class every week, and she wins the reward for best participation in class. Jen and I have the same degree and we'll be teaching the same thing: English and Journalism classes. She's from Jersey, which you can tell by her accent.
Erin-stay at home mom of three boys and substitute teacher. Erin is also very smart. She's going to be teaching science (chemistry), and she's the quiet one. She's so sweet, and a good person to have as a friend.
Jared-service advisor at Kuni Lexus. Jared is the youngest person (25) in our group, and he's also very sarcastic. He's a lot of fun and got voted the best dressed male in our group. He'll be teaching science classes.
Matt-owns his own painting company. Matt is married and a father of one little girl. He's the funny one in the group, and always has a comment to make us laugh. Matt wants to teach PE and be a coach.
Christina-elementary school para. She'll be teaching world history. She doesn't pay attention in class, as she's always on the internet.
Maria-her husband has been in Iraq for over a year, so she is a single mother of four children. Maria is so sweet, and I admire her a lot. She not only is working and raising four children, but she's been working on her Master's as well. She'll be teaching computer classes.
Chris-lawyer and former judge. You can tell Chris is a lawyer by the way he can out talk everyone. If you get him going, he can talk for hours without stopping. He's going to teach social studies.
Tom-ex marine and cop. He's interesting, to say the least. He sure does know his history and can tell you what happened on July 26, 1847, if you ask him. He'll lead his classroom with an iron fist. Enough said.
Shiloh-rents cars at Enterprise. Believe it or not, I don't talk a lot in class discussions. One teacher told me I had great ideas and thoughts but I needed to speak up and voice my opinions. I'm just leaving room for Rich to suck up.
As you can see, we come from all different backgrounds and jobs. We range in age from 25 to 50, and no two of us are alike. Some will make amazing teachers; others will struggle through their first year. The amazing thing to me is that a rocket scientist, a lawyer and a cop (among many other occupations) are all giving up their salaries and comfortable positions to teach the future of America.
We all report to our classrooms in the next couple of week, so good luck to you all. I can't wait to see you in a week as we begin our fall classes.
3 comments:
You're going to do great. How exciting!!! So sad that you're leaving the Enterprise team though...I'll keep your legend alive! :)
That pretty well sums us up, doesn't it? Good times!
I am not a brown noser
Post a Comment