I work with a gentleman from Serbia. Slobodan is the nicest person you'll ever meet. He moved to America after his high school sweetheart, Beba, also from Serbia, went through a nasty divorce. He came to be her support. He had always loved her, but she finally fell in love with him after he moved here. He's worked very hard to become an American Citizen, and sadly enough, he probably knows more history and knowledge about America than I do.
I've been training him, and today he asked me a question regarding work. I answered it and he replied, "How can I ever repay you?" I chuckled and said, "You can find me a man." He replied back, too eagerly, that he had a man in Serbia he could set me up with. He said he was a hard worker, a good looking man and he would be dedicated to me entirely. Sounds nice enough. My first thought is: Does he speak English? My second thought is: Will he move to America for me? My third thought is: Is he rich?
I play along with Slobodan and tell him he sounds wonderful. End of conversation in my mind. BUT THEN Slobodan says, "If you want, I can get in contact with this guy and you can talk to him." (He must speak English) "No pressure," he says, "but he can come visit you. And if you two click, he can move here for you. Let me know if you're interested and you two can chat on the internet."
WHAT? Oh no, what have I gotten myself in to? Do I want to date a Serbian? Can he handle this white chick? All I ask for is a man who speaks English, lives in Denver (or less than 20 miles) and knows how to dress nice. Is that too much?
4 comments:
I'm sitting at my desk trying to stifle my laugh. What a crack up! As your fellow single gal pal, I won't let you date a man who will move into a country for you. I'm all about romance and making a declaration of love, but that is a little too intense.
And you would be the sole focus of this man's life. He would have you and his friend in America. More importantly, would he understand my American sarcasm?
You might have just inspired a Lifetime Original Movie with that story!
I just read today that Russia is having a problem with women coming there to go to school and somehow getting trapped in a prostitution ring. Somehow, this guy coming here to America reminded me of that article. Seems like something must be wrong with him if he's so willing & able to just come here and meet a total stranger.
I think it's romantic! I mean, what if this is your soul mate??!! ;) J/k
Think of the fun last name you might end up with!
Post a Comment