"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Sunday, July 20, 2008
My Friday
Work really does get into the way of our fun. We had such a fun weekend planned that it was really hard to work on Friday. Kari, Sonya and I all left work a little early so we could get on the 5:20pm lightrail to downtown. Sonya's roomate, Kelly, met us downtown and we enjoyed Happy Hour Mojito's at The Samba Room. We had dinner reservations at 7:30 right across the street at Osteria deMarco, and Abby arrived just in time for dinner.
We decided to order a few things to share and if we were still hungry we could order more. So we ordered meat, cheese and crackers for an appetizer and a pizza for the main course (a small pizza). The guy who delivered our pizza was super cute. He said, "This table sure does smell good." I asked, "We smell good?" He said, "You all smell good. Here I am all sweaty from working." I said, "Don't tell us that!" in a flirty voice. We all laughed and he walked away after cutting our pizza. I immediately had a crush on this guy. I had to talk to him again. I even went to the bathroom, hoping to run in to him. No such luck.
Deciding that we were still hungry after the first pizza was done, and hoping the cute guy would bring us our second pizza, we placed our order again. Dissapointed, a girl delivered our pizza. We ate that and decided we were still hungry. We ordered a THIRD pizza, hoping again that the cute guy would deliver it. But alas, another girl delivered our third pizza. Drastic measures had to be taken, so Kari asked the girl who the cute guy was who had delivered our first pizza. She said his name is Joe. Kari asked this girl to ask Joe to come to our table because one of us girls had a crush on him.
But another guy (good looking as well) came to our table. His name was Bobby, and he was the manager. He said, "I heard someone at this table wanted to talk to Joe. I'm sorry I'm not Joe, but I think he'll be coming out soon to chat with you ladies." Bobby talked with us for a few minutes and then left, saying he would get Joe. Joe finally arrived at our table. Now it was time for me to make my move. I said, "We had to order three pizzas in order to get you back to our table!" I asked Joe what time he got off work. He said 11. I asked him if he lived to dance. He said he did. I asked him if he wanted to meet up with us after dinner to go dancing. He said he would. So he left his number and said to call him. But the story ends here. I called him a few hours later and left a message, telling him to call me to meet up. I never heard from him. Sad :(
But that wouldn't ruin my fun. After dinner, we met up with about ten of our friends at Corridor 44, which is a champagne bar. Then we headed out to go dancing. We ended up at Cowboy Lounge to end the night. While I was sitting at the bar taking a break from dancing, a guy came up to me and said, "Hi, my name is S." I looked at him and told him my name is S. Neither one of us believed each other until we showed our ID's. Sure enough, his name is S. It was the weirdest thing. He said his dad took a Civil War class in college and learned about the Battle of S. During that class, his dad decided that boy or girl, he was going to name his first child S. So that was fun to meet someone with my same name.
It was a late night, and I got home around 3:15am knowing I was only going to get about four hours of sleep before waking up to head to Cheyenne.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ahhh, good times. Good times indeed!
I would love to meet someone with my name ...you lucky cat :)
Post a Comment