Thursday, July 31, 2008

Water World

Kari and I had a fabulous day today. We took the day off from work and went to Water World, which is voted one of the top ten water parks in the US. We had SO MUCH FUN! It was way better than going to work. Duh! There were several rides that were "adrenaline" rides. They really got our blood pumping and our heart rate up. We tried almost all the rides in the park, but there were three rides that we did over and over and over again. One of them was a slide that was literally straight down for five stories. Kari did it first, and I was too chicken to go. But once she did it (and lived to tell about it), I decided I couldn't be out done by her, so I did it, too. Then I wanted to keep doing it. There was a also a ride that looked like a half pipe. We sat in a double intertube. You drop straight down and then go up the other side. We did this one about five times. It made our stomach drop every single time. The other ride we really liked was a racing ride. You race seven other people down a winding, dark tunnel and then speed to the finish line where they have a timer to show your time. You lay on your stomach on a pad. Kari won the first time, but I beat her the second time.
If you ever come to visit me in the summer, we HAVE to take a day and go to Water World.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds fun. Good day to go since it was so hot. Only 2 more days of work.

Kari said...

Oh phew...you didn't post the pictures with my tummy hanging out. Haha!!

Thank you!!!

Yesterday was a blast...I can't believe we have to work today! The bottoms of my feet hurt (darn hot cement!)