I have such fabulous friends. Throughout my previous blogs, I've written a lot about my girlfriends who live in Denver. I obviously spend a lot of time with these girls since we live so close to each other, but this blog is to write about my other girls: my Nebraska girls. Before I moved to Denver, I became great friends with April, Katie, Irish and Michelle (we call her McGee). We all worked together at Skeeter Barnes (Skeets), and spent a lot of time together during our college years and became BFF's (Best Friends Forever). Then I moved to Denver and McGee moved to Omaha. Last year, Katie moved to Denver; Irish and April are still in Kearney, but we have maintained a great friendship despite the distance. I miss my girls dearly, but I'm also so happy to have Katie living here. I'm always trying to get the other girls to move to Denver (I'm not about to move back to Kearney).
I know it's not easy for them to make the trip, but I've been blessed to have them come visit me on several different occasions. They have all seen where I live, where I work, where I go to church and get a glimpse of my life in Littleton. This weekend, everyone but April (so sad) came to visit Katie and me. Well, okay, they didn't come specifically for us, but rather they came to see Jack Johnson tonight, but still, they stayed with me and we had a blast. They got in at a decent time Friday night, so we order Thai food, picked it up and hung out at my house all night. We played the Wii, rocked out on Rock Band, took pictures, ate, drank, played cards, laughed a lot and shared a lot of fun memories. Saturday, we slept in a little bit, made breakfast together and then did what girls do best: shop! We went to Park Meadows Mall and the brand new Target by my house. After shopping, we were tired, so we came home, took a nap, played more Wii, rocked out on Rock Band some more, ate pizza and cookies and lounged. Later that night, we went downtown to hit the dance floor at Cowboy Lounge. Us NE girls know how to get our groove thang on! Today, we slept in again (11am), ate at Red Robin for lunch, went to Target again and then came back to my house for a bit.
They are at Jack Johnson right now at Red Rocks. Katie, April and I did not get tickets (they sold out so fast), so we're all at home while Irish, her husband Shawn, McGee, and her roomate, Sarah, are all at the show. They will get back to my house late tonight and head back to NE tomorrow morning. McGee took all the pictures this weekend, so I'll add them once I get them from her. I love my NE girls and miss them. April, we missed you this weekend, but there will be many more fun times to come
No comments:
Post a Comment