Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 1

Well, I survied my first day at Columbine High School. Students don't arrive until next week, so today was meetings, meetings and more meetings. I got to spend about an hour putting together a seating chart and arranging the room. I had to go in front of 155 staff members while they introduced me. There are some other Huskers in the school, so I had a few people come up to me to introduce themselves. There's even a new teacher from Grand Island (45 mins from Kearney). Her and I have already become friends (she's my age).

My University told me we would observe the first 2-3 weeks and then begin to take over teaching. Well, my teachers aren't aware of this, and I'm not going to be the one to protest. Both teachers I'm working with have told me I'm in charge day one and they will sit back and observe me. Yikes! I have no idea what I'm doing, but in three short days, I will be teaching a classroom of students.

Oh dear Lord, please help me!

3 comments:

Rob said...

Best of luck...you'll do great! It turns out that Monday is only for freshman and new students, so I won't see any kids until Tuesday. And my cooperating teacher will be out that day due to a golf tournament where he is coaching, so I'm solo on day 1. Sounds like we're all getting a quick launch!

... said...

I am so proud of you...you are going to be an kick AAA teacher...Best of Luck...love ya

Holly said...

Best way to do it...jump in with both feet!