I got angry at one of my classes today. It's actually my favorite class. They are right after lunch, and we usually have a lot of fun. They are full of personality, and I have fun joking around with them. However, today I wasn't feeling well and they were naughty.
Their homework for the night was to read a short story and come prepared to talk about it. I gave them a pop quiz, which almost every single person failed. Then, as we began to discuss it, I started calling on students who don't normally talk. One after the other, not a single student I called on had read the story. I asked those who had read the story to stand up. Out of 30 students, only 10 stood up. At this point, I'm pretty upset. I put on my angry teacher face and said, "I am so dissapointed in you right now. I don't even know what to say. I am not in a good mood, so don't even try to push my buttons right now because it will not go over well." For those that had read the story, I gave them 5 bonus points. My anger must have worked because I didn't hear a peep out of a single one of them until the bell rang.
I gave them another story to read tonight. We'll see how many of them do their homework. I already have a quiz planned. They knew Miss Nichols meant business today.
1 comment:
Way to kick @$$ and take names!
Post a Comment