Thursday, September 4, 2008

In The Mind's of Children

My class after lunch is a lot of fun. They have a lot of personality, so yesterday I told them about my bday, which is coming up next week, and told them they should start planning my gift now so it's ready for next week.

A kid raised his hand and said, "What are you celebrating next week?"
Not quite sure what he meant, I asked him what he was trying to ask.
He goes, "Well, I'm curious how many years you have lived."
I said, "You mean, how old am I going to be?"
He goes, "Well, I didn't know how to ask that without sounding rude."
So I told the class to guess. Most of them said 23-25. I'm sure some of them were trying to suck up.
Then one kid goes, "My real guess would be 32."
Ouch! I told him I was taking 5 points away for guessing I was that old. They all agreed that 32 wasn't old at all. I finally told them 28 and they said I was still pretty young. They are so cute!

No comments: