Sunday, October 5, 2008

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my weekends. They are my one time per week where I can relax a little and let loose. I usually spend Saturdays doing NOTHING. I guess I shouldn't say "nothing" because I'm always doing something, but I try really hard to not think about school or homework or grading papers. I spend Saturdays having fun and relaxing. Sunday is my day for church and getting ready for the next week. I always have homework to do, papers to grade and lessons to plan. And of course, I watch football.

Yesterday was one of the best Saturdays I've had in a long time. I'll write more about it later (have to wait for the pictures), but Abby came to visit us girls (she moved to Witchita a month ago), so we took a trip up the mountains for the day. We hiked, took a ton of pictures, shopped and enjoyed fall in the mountains. Again, as soon as I get those pictures, I'll tell you all about our fabulous day.

Today, Kari, Sonya and I went to the 11am church service, then Kari and I hopped on our bike for a short 22 mile ride. It's almost 5pm, so I'll spend the rest of the evening doing homework and getting ready for the week.

All in all, it's been a great weekend. I have seven more weeks of classes, and then I graduate with my Masters degree. Seven more weeks! You have no idea how excited I am to be done. While the past year and a half has gone really fast in some respects, I'm also DONE mentally with school and homework. I can't wait to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas without having to worry about homework.

Broncos are going to win this game today. It is a home game, and Kari and I rode by the stadium on our ride, so we were able to see the jets fly over, the fireworks when Denver scored and hear the crowd cheer. I love fall in CO.

Those are my random thoughts for the day.

1 comment:

Kari said...

It WAS a great weekend! Biking and hiking are the best!