Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Waiting for a Phone Call

My interview went well. I think they liked me and I have a good feeling about it. When I walked in, there was a really cute guy sitting at the table (no ring). He was the English department head. He didn't say much or give me any reaction, but he would make it fun to go to work each day.

There are two ladies going on maternity leave at two different times, so the job is pretty much the entire semester. The first lady leaves in December during break, so I would start the semester with her classes. She teaches three freshman English classes and two sophomore honors English classes. They asked me how I felt teaching honors and I told them I was up for the challenge and confident I could do it (even though I'm not!).

The second lady leaves in March through the end of the school year. She teaches freshman English, Intro to Journalism, and newspaper. So other than the 10th grade honors English, I would be doing everything I'm doing now. She said the May edition of the newspaper sucks b/c it's the senior edition and it takes a lot of time and energy, so she said I would be very busy in May (long days), but otherwise it's 6:50-2:50 every day.

They said they would call me, so I'm just sitting here waiting.

No comments: