Monday, October 20, 2008

Monkey's, The Cricket, and Cowboys

This weekend was a pretty low key weekend, the kind I like best. I didn't have a ton of homework, nor did I have any lesson plans to create, so I took some time to relax and enjoy the most perfect weekend in CO history. Well, I might be exaggerating a tad, but it was incredible weather and a great reminder of why I love CO so much. I watched Case Friday night so Shan and Jeff could go on a double date with their friends, Nathan and Vali. Saturday, Shan, Jeff, Case, Katie and I went to Free Day at the Denver Zoo. The zoo, quite literally, was a zoo. Every person with a kid and stroller was there because, well, it was free.
Saturday night, I went to dinner with Kari, Katie, Kari's cousin Amy, and Amy's husband Adam. Amy and Adam were in town from MN, so we had to show them a good time in Denver. We ate at the Cherry Cricket, which is known for some fabulous burgers. Fabulous they were! Then we went to the Rio for margarita's, where we met up with Sonya, Joseph and Mike. We couldn't let the night go by without putting on our dancing shoes, so we ended our night at The Cowboy Lounge.

No comments: