I have an interview tomorrow for a long term sub job next semester. I'm glad it's short notice because it doesn't give me time to think about it too much. I got a call from the Assistant Principal at Chatfield High School (Jeffco) today asking me to come in tomorrow at 2:30 for an interview. As of 1pm today, I did not have a resume of any sort put together. Now, at 4 pm, I have a pretty good resume. It's amazing what a kick in the pants can do for a person.
This AP has interviewed several people for the job and has turned them down because none of them have any Journalism experience. The job is to teach a Journalism class (doing that right now), be the newspaper advisor (doing that right now) and teach honors English (teaching freshman English right now). The honors part of that sentence is a little scary, but hey, I'm just a sub. I can wing it, right? They have already emailed several teachers I'm working with this semester to ask for a referral, so hopefully they say good things about me!
I guess I should get back to preparing for my interview, but wish me luck! This would be huge to get this job for next semester because often times someone leaving for maternity leave doesn't come back AND it would help me meet some people at a different school. Chatfield is a lot like Columbine, so I should have good students and it's pretty close to my house. Yay!
1 comment:
Did you ever print my resume and look at it?
Post a Comment