Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Church

I haven't had much to write about. I've been racking my brain trying to think of an interesting subject, but I'm coming up blank. Not that I haven't had a lot going on in my life, but it just hasn't been exciting enough to write about.

I will tell you, however, that God is good. Yes, I've known this since I was little, but sometimes when life has you down, God steps in and blesses you with something wonderful. That blessing came to me about eight months ago when my friends discovered a wonderful church called Denver Community Church. At the time, I was going to another church, which I enjoyed, but I didn't feel like I was getting much out of it. I started going to DCC with my friends, and it has been a wonderful support and encouragement for me. Shannon and Jeff even started going, and they love it just as much as I do.

There has not been a Sunday that goes by where I leave that church and don't have something to think about. My relationship with Christ has grown in leaps in bounds, and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful community to attend every week. The pastor has such amazing insights and thoughts on the scripture, and he has such a passion for the Denver community. I am blessed to call DCC my home church.

My prayers have changed over the past several months from, "Lord, please bless with this, that or the other," to "Lord, help me be a blessing to others. Not my will but yours be done." It's such an amazing feeling to know that God is working in my life, changing me, molding me, blessing me and loving me no matter what. In return, my life is full of blessings for others.

No comments: