My students had to write a paper on their New Year's Resolution. Here's an excerpt from one of them...
The Title
When the New Year comes around, people make a goal for themselves called a New Years Resolution. My resolution is not to make one. Yeah, I know, that’s pretty strange, but – WAIT A MINUTE!!! I think that I just failed my resolution!! I wanted to not make a New Years Resolution, but instead I started it like one!! I’m terrible at this!! Ok, I’ll just have to stop thinking about it and I’ll be fine. Hey! That’s a step! I won’t even think about the … New…Years…Resolution!! It’s just so hard. My life will be much better without one. I mean, I could freak out a lot less! Do you know how hard it is to get to a goal? AHHH!!!! I thought about it again!!! This is making me go out of my mind!! There! Now I have no idea what I just wrote about. New Years Resolutions? Nope, never heard of it.
When the New Year comes around, people make a goal for themselves called a New Years Resolution. My resolution is not to make one. Yeah, I know, that’s pretty strange, but – WAIT A MINUTE!!! I think that I just failed my resolution!! I wanted to not make a New Years Resolution, but instead I started it like one!! I’m terrible at this!! Ok, I’ll just have to stop thinking about it and I’ll be fine. Hey! That’s a step! I won’t even think about the … New…Years…Resolution!! It’s just so hard. My life will be much better without one. I mean, I could freak out a lot less! Do you know how hard it is to get to a goal? AHHH!!!! I thought about it again!!! This is making me go out of my mind!! There! Now I have no idea what I just wrote about. New Years Resolutions? Nope, never heard of it.
______________________________________________
I had a boy make a resolution to learn 100 offensive jokes this year.
A girl made a resolution to stop swearing so she would sound more intelligent.
These kids crack me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment