I have a friend who used to work for Chatfield. She was hired for a year, but it was not a permanent position, which means they could let her go at the end of the year. They let her go, and needless to say, she was a little bitter toward Chatfield. She subbed at Columbine this past semester, which is how I got to know her. When she found out I was going to be working at Chatfield this semester, she felt it her duty to warn me.
She told me that they video record EVERYTHING you do. She must not realize that Columbine has recordings of every single day since the shootings. She told me never to come late to school or never leave early. Always be on time or I’ll get in trouble. Isn’t that how a job works, I wondered? She told me never to talk about anyone behind their back because no one is good at keeping secrets and it will eventually get back to that person. I guess that’s a good policy to follow at any job. She told me everyone was rude, impolite and mean. They must not have liked her very much because everyone was super nice and helpful today to me.
I guess I better be on time, stay until I’m allowed to leave and don’t talk bad about anyone. I’ve been warned!
1 comment:
Sounds like she did all those things she's warning you not to do, which is why she didn't like it there.
Post a Comment