It's amazing how stimulated my brain is. I truly did enjoy working for Enterprise, but sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day doing the same thing over and over got tiring really fast. I never felt like I was using my brain or using my education that I worked so hard for 4 1/2 years for while working for ERAC. Now that I'm using my education and teaching others, I feel so inspired and so excited. I'm actually learning things on a daily basis. I'm talking about grammar and To Kill a Mockingbird, Romeo and Juliet, Lord of the Flies and Antigone with other professionals, and while that doesn't sound like much fun to most of you, I was so giddy this afternoon I could hardly contain my excitement. I feel smart. I feel like I have a purpose. I feel like my education dollars have a purpose. I can't even describe it, but I totally know this is what I'm supposed to be doing.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Friday, August 8, 2008
Using My Brain
My mom used to take a picture of us every year on the first day of school. We usually had a new outfit on with a new lunch pail and new backpack. We'd stand by the front door, she'd snap a picture and we'd head off to our first day of school. I thought I would carry on the tradition as a new teacher. Now granted, this is my second day of school, and technically, school hasn't started yet because students don't report until next Tuesday, but I still think I look pretty cute in my Columbine shirt. Also take note of my employee ID card, which has a picture of me (have to have it to enter the school). They even gave me my own key (oh, goodness!). And I have a parking sticker to park in staff parking (not pictured).
Today started bright and early at 7am for more meetings, which lasted until noon. Then we walked over to Clement Park for a staff photo and a BBQ. There was a ton of food, and it was good to get to know people. Then it was back for more meetings in the afternoon. Since I'm teaching 9th grade English, I sat in on the English Department meeting. I even shot out a few ideas. I felt like my Master's classes have given me some useful information to share, so I tried my best to speak up when needed.
It's amazing how stimulated my brain is. I truly did enjoy working for Enterprise, but sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day doing the same thing over and over got tiring really fast. I never felt like I was using my brain or using my education that I worked so hard for 4 1/2 years for while working for ERAC. Now that I'm using my education and teaching others, I feel so inspired and so excited. I'm actually learning things on a daily basis. I'm talking about grammar and To Kill a Mockingbird, Romeo and Juliet, Lord of the Flies and Antigone with other professionals, and while that doesn't sound like much fun to most of you, I was so giddy this afternoon I could hardly contain my excitement. I feel smart. I feel like I have a purpose. I feel like my education dollars have a purpose. I can't even describe it, but I totally know this is what I'm supposed to be doing.
It's amazing how stimulated my brain is. I truly did enjoy working for Enterprise, but sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day doing the same thing over and over got tiring really fast. I never felt like I was using my brain or using my education that I worked so hard for 4 1/2 years for while working for ERAC. Now that I'm using my education and teaching others, I feel so inspired and so excited. I'm actually learning things on a daily basis. I'm talking about grammar and To Kill a Mockingbird, Romeo and Juliet, Lord of the Flies and Antigone with other professionals, and while that doesn't sound like much fun to most of you, I was so giddy this afternoon I could hardly contain my excitement. I feel smart. I feel like I have a purpose. I feel like my education dollars have a purpose. I can't even describe it, but I totally know this is what I'm supposed to be doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You will be a great teacher. Be mean...at least at first!
How exciting...I'm happy for you!
Great back to school picture! You're going to do great!
You were born to be a teacher!
Was Nyff the cute boy you were hoping to meet at the top of the 14er?
what's it like to be stimulated at work? i didn't know that was possible... :-)
Post a Comment