I am down to six more weeks of classes to complete my Master's degree. My professor, Susan, is also teaching three other classes at night besides my group. My group meets on Tuesday nights, so last night whe was telling us about her Monday night class. She said they are WEIRD. She doesn't like that class because they all are a little strange. For example, she has taught this group of soon-to-be teachers for four and a half months. One guy is from Australia. He has an accent and told her this long eleborate story of how he was born and raised in Australia and recently moved to America to get his Master's. Up until this past week, she believed him. But, she just found out that it's a total lie. He's American. Born in America. Has lived in America. Has a fake Australian accent. Has never lived anywhere else other than America. He's been lying the entire time! She's was freaked out by this guy and is considering filing a complaint against him.
So today, I had a guy observe me. Come to find out, he's a student at the same University as me, so I asked him if he knows Susan. Sure enough, he has her as a teacher right now. I asked him what night he has classes, and he said he attends classes on Monday night. He's in the class that Susan doesn't like! I ALMOST asked him whether he talked in an Australian accent, but I didn't want him to know that Susan was talking about his class. I'm curious, though. Is this the same weird guy? He was a little creepy.
1 comment:
Who fakes an accent? How weird...people think of weird things to do.
Post a Comment